Friday, November 28, 2014

Gram's Potato Salad



Gram’s Potato Salad

This is an original email from your Gram. I simply copied and pasted it.

***

All ingredients are in proportion to the amount of potato's used.  You can make it for 1 person or 50.

boil potato's in their skins
let cool and peal
cut to size you want. 

some of the ingredients are both for taste and color. 
I like to chop things big enough (but not too big) to have them crunch in my mouth to get the full flavor
Also it's easier to pick out the stuff you don't like 

sweet pickles - I like the small ones. (gherkins?) could use pickle relish I guess but I don't like it.
red onion   -    green onions might be tasty - never tried them
pimentos - they come chopped or sliced.  I prefer the sliced.   Larger blob of color.
hard boiled eggs- chopped

leave out what you don't want
add what you want
sliced black olives are good

never - ever-ever-ever put celery in it!!!!

Best Foods regular mayo -lots
sometimes I add a big glob of sour cream.  it cuts down on the amount of mayo

mustard - any kind - I just dump a glob in

sprinkle paprika over top - both tasty and pretty

I sprinkle paprika on deviled eggs too.
You probably already make good deviled eggs but since people seem to love mine............

hard boiled eggs
mayo
mustard
cider vinegar  -  the magic ingredient 
paprika

Betty at the Marshalls office always ask me to make them for their potlucks.  They all loved them.

Now for the big surprise - I learned to make potato salad and deviled eggs from my mother 

I play with the potato salad but the basic "recipe" is the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment